View Single Post
Old 15-04-2013, 14:48   #872
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My own hunch is l think VM will make a deal with BT.
Can't see Bt willing to do that. Why strengthen a rival platforms tv service?

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
"The satellite broadcaster currently sells its Sky Sports 1 and 2 channels to customers of other broadcasters, such as TalkTalk and Virgin Media, as well as BT’s Vision service. However, a recent competition ruling means that Sky is now not required to offer Sky Sports to other broadcasters, and in the face of an increasing threat from BT, it could choose to stop selling the channels."

I didn't know this. Didn't I read recently that SKY are stalling talks with Virgin in regards to a new carriage deal for SKY Sports until they know what kind of deal BT agree with Virgin?

Just think of the potential ramifications. If BT and Sky don’t agree a mutually acceptable deal, SKY could very well pull SKY Sports off the BT platform. If BT and Virgin agree a deal for BT sports to go into the XL package, SKY could pull SKY Sports off the Virgin platform. That would mean the only place to get all football fixtures would be SKY as BT have already confirmed their channels will definitely be on the SKY platform.

Whilst people might suggest SKY will never do this due to lost revenue, I think it’s a real possibility. SKY could offer SKY Sports directly to BT customers via NOW TV. SKY could also restructure their pricing for SKY Sports to attract customers from both BT and Virgin.
Sky couldn't afford to do what you're proposing I don't think.
They have paid well over what they would normally have paid. They will have lost significant profits and they will need to recover that overspend and they can't exactly whack the prices up to an unacceptable level because the majority of people just wouldn't pay it.

The pricing model for Now tv for PL football is a complete rip off.
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote