View Single Post
Old 15-03-2013, 12:59   #115
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
You believe Disney won't make unnecessary films to cash in on Star Wars? Look up how many of their classics have two or three direct to video or DVD sequels. You'll find it's quite a few.
Apples and Oranges.Aladdin,Lion King and Co. are not Franchises with their own Universe.These are single Films that were extended to raise additional revenue. Once the budget/return ratio is negative you simply seize to produce further sequels and no harm done. SW is it's own Universe and intended to produce a steady stream of revenue through Brand recognition,and grossly inflating the amount of films could hurt the brand. Iger understands this and that is a good thing. I hope this clears it up for you.
Quote:
As for the limited releases, that is good business sense. They re-release the classics every 7-10 years (which ensures a good number of kids are available to enjoy the re-release) and limit the releases, which ensures demand.
Indeed,that amongst other reasons is why Disney was the right choice,they mastered the Art of Revenue Optimisation.

Quote:
I am not saying that companies cashing in on films is a bad thing (something which appears to have gone over your head), just that I don't believe for a second they won't cash in.
Nothing is going over my head as I never said they won't cash in and I never believed that you believe it to be a bad thing.Of course they will cash in and so they should after investing $4 billion.What Iger is saying and I totally agree with is that they can not over inflate the amount of films they produce as not to damage the brand,that is all. I never said anything about toys,crisp packets and the Sith-Cheeseburger.

Why you're even arguing with me over this is indeed going over my head.

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
Star Wars ruined Fisher's life and Hamill did very little after. I would say specially in Fisher's case the fee would have to be huge[COLOR="Silver"]
No,it didn't. In fact Carrie Fisher has been very successful in the film business,just not as an actress.
I agree on Hamill,although he also hasn't been doing too badly with voice-over work and other bits and pieces.
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote