View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 21:23   #3367
dwarven
Inactive

Services: 100mb
dwarven is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Unfortunately, this is where Virgin often lets itself down in a big way. If you can, ring up technical support and ask them directly for information on those F00 numbers. They'll have access to the history and they'll be able to see just how far those tickets go. One thing I would point out, however, is the number for the upstream utilisation is significantly less than the SNR one. SNR issues can take time to fix, but usually no more than a week or two. So if we assume that ticket is relatively recent. The Utilisation ones can take literally years and given the number it is (tickets are assigned sequentially), it has already been open for quite some time.
Virgin has a nasty habbit of just upping the resolution time on those tickets completely arbitrarily so they're never "Behind".
Seems you were right -

Reply on the 27/1/13 :
Quote:
Hi dwarven,

F002308103 has been closed as the SNR has now been raised to an acceptable level and should cause no further issues.

F001996558 is still ongoing. An extra Upstream has been added which has reduced the Upstream Utilisation. The plans are now being put into place to resolve the Downstream utilisation issues.
Reply on 5/2/13 after request for further info :
Quote:
Hi dwarven,

I can see that fault ref: F001996558 has been escalated to our networks department. The estimated fix time on this issue is currently 13/03/2013 ( although this may be subject to change ).

In addition to this fault ref: F002308103 has been escalated for an SNR issue which is also affecting your connection, this is due to be resolved by 06/02/2013.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
Reply on 8/2/13 after someone else asked about the SNR fix :
Quote:
Hi StumptBloke,

I have checked fault ref: F002308103. I'm afraid works on this issue have been delayed we have a new estimate of 13/02/2013 ( although this may be subject to change ).

I'm very sorry for the delay in resolving this
The dates just keep getting pushed further and further back

Still makes for interesting feedback on their trial Im taking part in
dwarven is offline   Reply With Quote