View Single Post
Old 17-01-2013, 15:18   #3217
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
Posted the above on VM forum as well, got a reply today :

Very sorry about this but you are affected by 2 issues:

F002308103 Low SNR + FEC errors, You might find that your Virgin Broadband, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent. Estimated fix date of 20/01/2013

F001996558 High upstream utilisation causing slow speeds, lagging etc. Estimated fix date of 23/01/2013

Interesting that when you phone up they never know about these things, its always down to a faulty superhub or the users pc
I'd be tempted to see if those dates are met with a resolution, if not and they get put back, then make a serious decision about whether you want to wait it out.

When I used to be with VM a few years ago, I had the same 2 issues as yourself which in the end didnt get resolved in a timely manner (over 12 months), so I bailed and took my business elsewhere.

The low SNR issue for me would come and go making it very difficult for VM to trace the source.

Also the high upstream utilisation issue was sporadic and didn't justify the necessary work to upgrade the hardware.

Just bear these issues in mind, and in the end I ended up with a slow 5.6Mbps Download speed and a measly 0.9 mbps upload speed from Sky that ran far smoother than my 50 Mbps offering from Virgin.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote