View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 10:35   #4
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Freesat and virgin cable tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul.drummer View Post
I have just moved into a flat where the previous owner had virgin cable internet, TV & telephone. I've signed up for virgin internet but don't want the TV and telephone package. If I buy a TV with Freesat can I receive TV through the cable without signing up for Virgin? If not is there a set top box available to do this? Many thanks.
Virgin is a closed system, so is subscription only (no free channels). As mentioned above, you may have a communal system you can plug into with a Freesat receiver, & these are normally free to use. They normally have a connector plate like this in the lounge (the return feeds additional sockets in other rooms).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg proOUT35RT.jpg (6.6 KB, 16 views)
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote