View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:24   #18
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age
Re: SKY employees friends and family codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Crazy how the prices work. VM were charging me £49 for M+, 20Mbps broadband and the inclusive phone line, which a year ago they were only charging me £32.

Going through the options with them the only way I could get a good deal was to spend even more money with them.

Have a feeling some will switch every year to get the best deals, unless they are really happy where they are.
I checked my current offering with the new packages and it worked out cheaper. So I started a new contract and saved £11 per month. Last time I changed the broadband speed from 30-60 and the price went down.

I'm almost sure that Sky simply make the price of Sky movies and Sky Sports artificially high to the competition, or make it considerably lower on their own package to attract customers.

Still - it's whatever suits you - I'm not a sports fan, but the cabled internet speed is much more of an attraction to me.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote