Thread: SD TV price rises
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 13:42   #1597
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: TV price rises

Well that was an interesting conversation. I spoke with a girl with a Geordie accept who knew her stuff not only about Virgin but SKY and BT. I didn't agree with some of her claims about competition services but she certainly knew information about prices, my distance from the BT exchange, BT and SKY internet usage policy etc...

She looked at how many minutes I use on my home phone line day and night to other landlines, mobile phones and premium numbers. She also looked at my internet usage. I was shocked to learn I downloaded 76Gb in September, 91Gb in October and 77Gb in November.

Basically after a bit of chat she offered me a price which will save me about £1.50 per month once the price increase is put in place.

Oh just remembered. I mentioned about the lack of new channels and HD content. Unlike others on this forum there was no mention of any up coming channel launches. I was simply told BT can't match Virgin for channels at this time and HD is more at SKY.
I advised I'm going to shop around. I have until the 07th January to cancel my services. Must admit I was very impressed. I didn't feel hassled at all. If anything I was made to feel like my custom was really important.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote