Thread: Boxing 2012
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 02:00   #179
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing 2012

Couldn't judge the Price fight before hand due to me not knowing the opponent and simply going off kickboxing but I guessed right in Price winning and from what I seen he fought a nobody in boxing terms.

Both Fury and Price are getting on my nerves now. Whilst you can't force them to fight big, it's evidently clear they are both avoiding any type of real fight. Truth be told, there's only 3 names in the HW division that mean anything at the moment and they are Vitali, Wlad and Haye. Again it's obvious to why Price has no plans of getting in the ring with either of em.

People say it's fair game but the way I'm seeing it at present is he's early career and he's happily waiting for a title to be vacated for an easy take. This way he becomes a World Champion without having to face the big boys. Vitali will be long gone, Wlad may even hang it up, who knows. If Haye & Vitali/Wlad can't get it on then the future just looks even worse.

Either of these fights MUST happen next year to keep this division alive.

Haye vs Vitali 7/10 - dependent on Vitali's political course.

Haye vs Price or Fury 1/10 - Nor Price or Fury have had to deal with serious power and have their chin's tested, Haye is the last guy you want to test it with. Haye claims he's only interested in a Klitschko... Ask Derek Chisora's chin if that's actually the case though.

Price/Fury vs a Klitschko 4/10 As said above, they are likely waiting for the brothers to pack it all in. I don't believe Price or Fury could deal with Wlad, I'd like to think Price maybe had a chance against Vitali but I'd back a Vitali points win.

Price vs Fury. 8/10 - Constantly down each other's throats. Money to be made from this one, Whether the fighters wan't to throw their records on the line early in their careers is the deciding factor.

Whilst I'd love to see all of them I've listed my odds on them happening in 2013

Flintoff fight - Entertainment value 9/10, Boxing wise 4/10

Fought a bum naturally but found himself down in round 2, Don't see where Flintoff is going with this but I'd say that's him done, Well done to him regardless of opponent. Anyone stronger is a simple no go. I'd rather not see him in the ring again getting punished by a real boxer, feel free to let him fight entertaining little league fights but leave the boxing to the boxers.