View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 17:23   #218
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Premier Sports has a major problem as you say some only sub for the NHL.
I cannot see the lockout ending any time soon the earliest it could start if there was an agreement tomorrow would be December.The winter classic has also been cancelled which is a high light of the season played on 1St Jan . Many of the NHL stars are now playing in the Russian League (KHL), now if ESPN were smart they would get the rights to it, as the NHL and players are far away from a deal and some players will never return from Europe as they are making a good living there.
How often is KHL and AHL on ESPN / ESPN America and what kind of level of hockey are we talking about? If NHL, KHL and AHL were English Premiership football clubs, who would they be? As stated earlier I'm not a big American sports fan but I'm interested in the future of ESPN and Premier Sports. I need to draw on analogies to help me understand.

Thanks for humouring me
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote