Thread: TiVo Tivo troubles
View Single Post
Old 31-08-2012, 14:20   #50
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: Tivo troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
Why couldn't it ask me if I wanted the programme clipped and not interfere with my viewing? I have got the clip programmes setting on. Just seemed a bit silly that it didn't clip automatically or give me the option to clip. It only offered a channel change or a recording cancel, neither of which I wanted.
I don't have any experience of clipping as I have that feature switched off but I would assume that it asked you if you wanted the recording to go ahead because it needed to change channel on the tuner you were watching live.

If it hadn't have done so I'm sure you would have complained that "it switched over without warning when I was in the middle of watching something".

I would have assumed that it would apply clipping as pre-programmed.

Quote:
In order to appease some of the forum's thought police...
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote