View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 18:09   #22
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads
Re: Local elections 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Are we having an election in Newcastle? because I've had absolutely nothing ,no canvassing ,no leaflets nothing from anyone ,haven't even seen any candidates out in other streets .I haven't bothered voting, wouldn't know what the candidates had planned for our area anyway because they haven't bothered telling anyone
according to telegraph newcastle only got third up.

Depends on when you last voted.

tweetiepooh I have on freeze council tax some point services get a kicking when your facing cuts we getting council tax has to go up in line of inflation. Afterall they never going slash the bosses or councillors pay.

You cant freeze indefinate.

I noticed shift from direct taxation in local councils to fining. Ok if they litter, park illegal, dog foul etc. However getting thinks creap in which takes choice. We now getting 1,000 fine if you dont save the environment. Again some may say its right. Here upshot who decides the fine who checks bins. What happens if someone instead chucks item on floor chucks it in your bin waiting for collection. They said those with recyclable items wont be cleared so binmen got to check.

Its madness its also dangerous thing developing. Will we get fined for sneezing next or using oxygen. What about next in line fining for heat loss from home or light polution.

So my feelings let councils increase problem is now wages get squeezed so tight it being mugged.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote