View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 18:07   #96
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
re: The Pirate Bay is blocked (Discuss but do not post detail of how to get round it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _wtf_ View Post
Seriously !?!?

So basically any site that the media industry deems is to shut up shop when ordered to? Lets not forget this is the same media industry that uses DMCA notices that have proven time and again to not be valid.

I suppose that you are in complete agreement with the US law enforcement agencies coercing the anti-terrorist squad of New Zealand to storm the home of a businessman, terrorising his pregnant wife and children. I also guess you are in complete agreement with the US law enforcement agencies not paying to keep evidence that is to be used against said businessman which could possibly be used in his defence. I also guess you completely agree that said businessman should not have the best law team to defend himself as the prosecutors of the case have tried to do.

I wonder what your position is on Richard O'Dwyer. A UK citizen who having committed no crimes in the UK is possibly going to be extradited the the US to faces charges of conspiracy to commit copyright infringement and criminal infringement of copyright?
You've misunderstood my post entirely .I don't agree with any censorship of the Internet at all including forcing TPB to shut up shop ,but they have been ordered to shut and the owners have been sentenced to jail time and as a result of there stubbornness have now allowed Internet censorship to arrive in the UK ,when what they should have done was shut the site down and started up again with a different name and domain,the lesser of the 2 evils so to speak

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by _wtf_ View Post

Utter nonsense, Newsbinz(?) was the start of it last year.
No ,it was shut down ,not blocked totally different thing