Thread: 100M The end is nigh
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2012, 11:10   #20
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age
Re: The end is nigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post

I meant if its that old didnt you ask for a repull or have them check the cables?

From whats been said on here FTTP will cost you a bit. If your willing to pay thats up to you but if i was you and BT infinity was available to you id get in touch with them explain your previous issues, not VM. and say youll join if they sort you out a new repull from the cabinet. you could then try sneak in if they agree a repull for FTTP. wont be part of the free install but if they agree to a repull then paying extra for the change in cables might not be as much. MAYBE! no harm in trying.
Checking on Infinity it says:
Broadband option
Broadband speed range 56.9Mb download 20.0Mb upload
When you can get it Now

BT installed a new big cabinet together with a small one a few metres from my pole, I remember they also installed a new cable to the box at the time, was about 3 years ago. Overall I am about 1 1/4 miles from the exchange but only about 30 metres from the cabinets. The map also says that the Oldham exchange is FTTP ready.
Infinity does look better priced though.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote