Thread: Football Season 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 23-04-2012, 19:47   #4641
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Football Season 2011/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Last time I went to a European match was a 1-0 win for Newcastle over Sporting Lisbon. I hope the board and Pardew know what it means to us fans to be able to do that again!

I don't think I've ever been to a Champions League match and I'm sorry Spurs or Arsenal fans because I'd love that opportunity even if it comes at the expense of one of you. Bobby Robson would be proud of these boys after the season we have had.

Actually looking forward to playing a big team for once which is a rare feeling as a Newcastle fan that expected 6-0 thrashing's once upon a time. Bring on City and Chelsea, We'll fight you to the end.
I don't blame you at all. People dismiss the Champions League but it's a great competition, it's my favorite of them all. I have been to some great nights at Arsenal, especially beating Barcelona 2 - 1 last year. Playing at night, that music before the game starts, the thrill of the draw to see which teams you may face and the fact that teams usually attack more. It's great and I would take a top 4 finish over the FA and Carling Cups every time. Football isn't about winning, it's about entertainment and the experience.

I hope you get it was well, just not at the expense of Arsenal.

That said I think those games against City and Chelsea will be hard. You've not got a great record against the other sides competing for the top 4. The Chelsea game will be interesting because both sides should be going for the three points. Pardew can't play for the draw this time, he has to go for it. Although Chelsea needed to win against us but they took the draw, I wonder if they are betting it all on winning the Champions League :/.