View Single Post
Old 17-04-2012, 17:20   #268
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Whatever works for you, of course, but I haven't regularly bought a TV listings magazine in about ten years, since I got my S1 Tivo
That's all very well but, unfortunately, the TiVo EPG is sometimes (often?) out of date. Other times it's just wrong. There was a recent showing of Silent Witness on BBC 1 which had been changed. This information was correct and up-to-date on my bedroom V+ but still showed the out-of-date info on my living room TiVo. Similarly, I can remember not setting a series link for the Wallander series on BBC 4 as the EPG had it down as the UK version (which I had already seen). Only later did I discover that it was the Swedish version (which I would have enjoyed had I known it was showing). These are not the only instances. Of course, the TV listings magazines are even more likely to show out-of-date listings. Top of my upgrade wish-list would be for the TiVo EPG to be at least as up-to-date as the V+ one.