View Single Post
Old 16-04-2012, 22:59   #38
cliffster
Inactive

cliffster is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stupid, greedy, moronic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
I wasn't doing much more than standard surfing last night at that time, but I certainly didn't have any problems. I'll do some YTing, tonight if you like and report back. However, I don't expect there to be any problems so your statement will clearly be in error.

My point, once again, is that you should not rely on hyperbole and over-generalisation.

I am sorry you are having problems in your area but unless you can prove your statement to be true then you might want to re-think your thread title as it is possibly libellous.
For the pedantic amongst us, here's my edit.

10.30 pm saturday night, everyone is on youtube, lovefilm etc and once again the network in my area.grinds to a stuttering buffering mess. Here's an idea Virgin, before you sign people up in my area , why not make sure that you actually have the capacity in my area to supply demand?
Idiots.

Better?
Hopefully enough to fend off any impending lawsuits.
however I would have thought that anyone with any common sense would have realised that the whole network was just a turn of phrase and that my post related specifically to my area, (Nottingham) as broadband speeds in Liverpool, Newcastle, Norwich etc are of no particular relevance to me.
Perhaps not.

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
You know, you could be right I think your speculation is closer to the mark than the 'raffle' that the OP suggested

I just realised he even mentioned the STM in his post; though he wrongly calls it a cap.
I believe that I am the OP of this thread and I haven't posted anything about a 'raffle'.
I think you will find that was posted by Jacsman.

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
Not quite to say the least.

I'm delighted for you.

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Originally posted by Carlwaring.

Oh please I have shown every sympathy to the OP's problem.

Really? must have missed those posts.

Trumpeting how fantastic a connection you have while I struggle to get a basic service doesn't seem very sympathetic to me.

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Sorry to hear about your problems - there does seem to be recurring problems reported by CF'ers in your area.

Was there anything on the status pages?
Thanks for your interest Hugh.
No, no details and the usual excuses from customer services.
Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Virgin media employees, but I think the problem of oversubscription is one that is only going to get worse and is directly down to the corporate greed of the board.
That is the reason why in two months time when my contract ends I shall happily wave goodbye to this company.
cliffster is offline   Reply With Quote