View Single Post
Old 28-03-2012, 23:35   #103
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: National pay rates may be scrapped for public workers

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
It's pointless trying to have a adult conversation with people so blinded by conspiracy and paranoia that they cannot even see common sense and facts

Thought you may be interested in this bit from my earlier link
It's not paranoia. We were told by the FBU that it would happen, and guess what, it did.

Remember it is only when you are directly involved that you see differences in what is normally reported, and what isn't reported when it suits the gevernments agenda.

If it was a car fire, or a bedroom fire with nobody injured, then you could just put it down to there not being space in the paper. But as I said previously, this was one story that would often be national news. But it wasn't even reported. Just the same as the serious accident that firefighters left the picket line to attend, on the personal request of an ambulance officer. The army were mobilised to it, and actually assisted the striking firefighters in rescuing the casualty. And the army officer in charge commented afterwards that they were glad that the firefighters broke their strike to attend, as they wouldn't have had a clue on their own, and the casualty would probably have died....this wasn't reported either. In fact try and find any reports during the period of industrial action that praised firefighters.

As for the earlier link, you can take that with a pinch of salt, as I also said earlier. The government would use the excuse that it was in the interest of the nation, because the MOD had to cover the strike, so the took them away from defending the country. And what would happen if that was challenged legally? Well the industrial action would most likely be over by then.