View Single Post
Old 28-03-2012, 19:23   #2642
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
It's not been a great start to 2012. I too thought things had become stale however upon review of what has been delivered since TiVo launched 15 months ago, Virgin have actually delivered a lot. In fact it's probably their busiest period ever, apart from when the SKY HD channels launched in 2010, for delivering new channels and On Demand content.

ITV +1
True Entertainment
BBC Alba
Dave HD
Watch HD
Sony Entertainment
CBS Action
PBS
Eden HD
Eden +1
Yesterday +1
Good Food HD
SKY Arts 1 HD
SKY Arts 2 HD
SKY Movies Classics HD
Boxnation
SKY Sports F1
NDTV 24x7
Colors
Sunrise Radio

We also got access to SKY Anytime, 3D content, ESPN Classic On Demand, not to mention the Spotify deal.

If Virgin can deliver this type of volume again over the next 15 months I'll be a very happy customer.
Thanks for the list.

However, it's worth stating that whilst this includes everything that has launched in the last 15 months, one (True Entertainment) appeared in place of another channel, seven are HD simulcasts of already available SD channels and three are timeshift channels. In fact, VM only launched four new channels - CBS Action, PBS, Sony Entertainment and NDTV - and three premium channels - Colors, Boxnation (eventually) and Sky Sports F1, and if SSF1, and to an extent, Boxnation had not launched then VM would have lost a significant number of customers.

However, I will happily concede that the addition of Sky Anytime has been a major boost to the on demand offering.