View Single Post
Old 28-03-2012, 07:05   #2613
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Thanks. I didn't actually realise so much had launched until I went back through the press releases and Wikipedia.

What we know is coming this year, from numerous confirmed sources are 4Seven, Alibi HD and Channel 5 +1. Not exactly an exciting list but proof channels are on their way. Let's not forget UKTV On Demand should be with us soon too, not to mention the ever building positive noises from both Lovefilm and Netflix about a TiVo launch.

Many people who took TiVo from launch, or shortly thereafter will be out of contract come July / August and will be free to leave if they wish. That's when the real test comes. Will these customers stay, even though they are out of contract, for the functionality of TiVo or will the lure of SKY's ever growing channel list tempt them away. The next 6 months could be very interesting and might signal if TiVo really is, and has been a success.
Apart from SKY Atlantic, Premier Sports I am struggling to think of any channels of value VM have not got! The only thing I come back with is the 20+ HD channels that SKY have over VM, no new material to watch but importantly though a better quality picture!