View Single Post
Old 23-03-2012, 15:18   #155
Bentex
Inactive

Services: Tivo (M+), BB (L), Phone (M)
Bentex is on a distinguished roadBentex is on a distinguished road
Re: Considering going for a Tivo box! Help to answer questions pls

Okay, I've had my Tivo for a while now.

I have to say, 3 quid a month extra for the Tivo service is worth it. It's a reasonable price. Quite amazingly I think 5 quid is too much lol.

The search feature is pretty neat. My best buddy's sister is an actress and managed to find some rare stuff she was in and some stuff coming up in the listings. Although it didn't have an entire list (like Imdb). It has found some other good stuff and I wanted to watch. This is a plus for me.

The suggestions is a total let down. I know you may say it takes a while to work at its peak but there is nothing in there I want to watch. It's mainly repeats or the same show on a different channel (like the + 1 hour chs). Very disappointed in this.

Series links are sometimes a real mess. Even though I selected 'no re-runs' in still records them. For some reason it recorded the BBC 3's re-run of Eastenders while I only set it for original BBC1 slot. Sky+ is far more better than V+ and Tivo at this.

I haven't used many of the apps, only really youtube. Which I find great to be able to watch in my living room on a big screen! But after a certain while during a long clip it just resets back to the apps menu!! It's very annoying because you have to download 20mins or so to get to the part you were before! Very, very annoying. I was watching a movie on youtube and it happened, so I had to wait ages to get to the bit I was at. It spoiled my enjoyment of the film.

Catch up and OD picture quality is much better than the V+ I had before. But I still haven't worked out how to fast forward in 10mins (or so) intervals. You could do something like this on the V+ box I had using the number keypad. Does anyone know if it can be done on Tivo???

Overall, I'm glad I got it. There are many things that need to be improved though. I would say Sky+ still has the edge. Just because of the extra fee of Tivo. If that was dropped...I would expect Tivos would be a lot more popular!
Bentex is offline   Reply With Quote