Old 06-03-2012, 19:54   #1983
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
No, there is no law AFAIK.
Perhaps they mean the European Directive that says that all satellite boxes must be capable of receiving all FTA broadcasts available??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
I must admit that this forum has gone quiet this past week or so now that the anger about the price rises has settled down a little so I don't know if people have accepted it or done something about it.

Other posts suggest that the price rise seems to have made a lot of people review their services and either leave altogether or downgrade their services. I'm still sitting on the fence until 1st April as I'm now out of contract and dependant on what VM do or do not announce between now and then, will make my mind up for me.

What I am surprised about is the complete lack of announcements from VM, bearing in mind the price rises come into effect on 1st April and will trigger the cancellation clause in many people's contracts. Unless VM announce something interesting soon, I think they will have another round of cancellations shortly.

I think people are getting fed up of all this "coming soon" from VM. When Sky have something "coming soon" they shout about it and give plenty of advance notice of launch dates, a prime example being Sky Sports F1.

VM launched TiVo to a fanfare but little else seems to get much more than a slight mention on My Virgin Media. This is more than likely because the majority of the recent channel additions are hardly anything to shout about.

So hopefully we'll have something exciting announced soon (maybe around 16th March as the current deals on the VM website end 15th March) or even sooner if Media Boy's contacts give him some juicy titbits.

So come on VM, time to pull your socks up and give your existing customers something to make it worthwhile staying and new customers something to make it worthwhile joining!
I am doing the same as yourself, though I would never go to Sky (i'd do without TV first!) If I did leave VM it would be for a Freesat or Freeview PVR.