View Single Post
Old 28-02-2012, 18:22   #188
marko
cf.member

marko can only hope to improve
Re: Will you buy The Sun on Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
Sorry but if you are still insisting that the paper only came together in 7 days then you are delusional as it is not possible in the real world.

It has been planned for months as that amount of work and preparation takes time and effort.

If a certain Mr Murdoch read these posts he would be laughing up his sleeve because some people have fell for the hype.

Even if you are an employee and you believe this I wonder at the kind of staff employed and what criteria they are using to recruit them, I also wonder is the vehicle below driven by any of those new employees.

I give up, mate. I really do. For something closer to the truth, see martyH's posts. As I originally said, staff piled in at a moment's notice to produce the first new paper. It was on a day they were supposed to be off, so plans were cancelled, arrangements trashed, and all those who could practically come in made themselves available. I'm not saying plans for the paper weren't made in advance - it's a reasonable assumption that they were. But when the starting gun was fired it came as a genuine surprise to most, if not all, and staff were required instantly to rally round, which they did. It really shouldn't be that hard to understand, Peter, but you're making extremely heavy weather of it. Anyway, no point falling out - life's too short!
marko is offline   Reply With Quote