View Single Post
Old 23-02-2012, 16:47   #152
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Should Virgin Media and Cable & Wireless Worldwide merge?

It's time to stop talking about name changes.

1. Even if they do merge for historical reasons, they will trade as seperate entities as Cable and Wireless is also an iconic brand of the British Empire. Richard Branson will not be happy to lose Virgin Brand over NTL

So no more threads and posts about name changes and rebrands because that will never happen. Even if or when Vodafone do takeover, it will still be called Cable and Wireless Worldwide.

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
I would agree with you over the NTL/BT deal, I mean what were NTL thinking when they did this deal, purchase everything but the “actual” network

Could VM still buy the “actual” network from BT (especially since they have a BT Vision service and they have no interest to upgrade the service or take over running it and add content), since it would consider it “Non-Core” assets within BT Group plc

What were Microsoft doing buying Cable Franchises in the UK, do they still own shares in VM (as they also held shares in NTL)?

I would prefer a merger (rather than a takeover) between C&W Worldwide and Virgin Media.

When did Vodafone at Home operate?
No they couldn't for operational reasons, the BT cable network shares cabinets and ducts with BT's telephone cables and would be complicated.

I never said Microsoft owned anything, they tried to bid for BT's cable franchises but got outbid by NTL

Vodafone at home was around 2006/7
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote