Thread: TiVo TiVo performance.
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2012, 12:26   #72
stereohaven
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TiVo, V HD Box, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone M
stereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the roughstereohaven is a jewel in the rough
Re: TiVo performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
...Aren't we on the same page here?
Yes and no.

I agree that it is just another channel that some people may or may not watch, miss or not miss, my point was I don't understand why some people keep complaining about "over hype" if they don't watch it, can't watch it or have never watched it!

Surely you have to have seen or experienced something to judge objectively whether someone who raves about it is (in your opinion) right or over hyping it?

I see people raving about the TiVo as some kind of technological messiah but whilst I think it has potential, for me it is a long way from being perfect or the best solution to our needs.

Having experienced both SKy and VM's STB's (in fact having them both plugged in right now to the same TV), I can make a direct comparison and form my own opinion, which is that the TiVo service cannot currently live up to the hype, but do I waste my energy bleating about it every 5 minutes?

No, I just change service provider!
stereohaven is offline   Reply With Quote