View Single Post
Old 20-02-2012, 12:13   #1414
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: [Update] The News Corp scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Historically the NOTW was not a sister Sunday paper for the Sun.If it had been it would have been called The Sunday Sun or the Sun on Sunday.

It was called the name it had carried for 168 years.The News of the World.
Well It had become a Sunday edition of The Sun from 1969 until 2011, The Sun on Sunday is the sucessor to the NOTW!

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I don't think Murdoch is a fit and proper person to be in charge of any part of his media empire.However I suspect that he'll emerge battered,tainted but uncharged after all the investigations and inquiries have finished.Everyone else will have their reputations shredded though as a sacrifice.

What I am hoping is that politicians have learned the lesson that getting too cosy with any journalist/newspaper/media organisation is not a good idea and that perhaps not sleeping around/having a hand in the public till/committing fraud might actually keep them clear of being manipulated by said media as a consequence.

I'm also hoping that the Met and other police forces will get their houses in order and finally sort out the corruption that has crept into their ranks because of the media and that the rest of us will start to take the idea of data protection rather more seriously than we do now.
I still bet he will come back and takeover BSkyB!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote