View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 20:42   #68
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Formula 1 2012 Pre-Season

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...medium=twitter

Quote:
McLaren failed to trouble the timesheets on day one of pre-season testing at Jerez but Jenson Button was content with their progress nonetheless.

Button ended the day eighth fastest of 12 runners, having given the team's new MP4-27 - the only car so far launched not to feature a step in its nose - its official debut.

"I could just about see over the front of the car! I think it's the lowest thing I think I've ever been in," the 2009 World Champion said afterwards.

"We did quite a bit of mileage today. It would have been nice to do more but it's the first day of testing so we were making sure everything was working correctly, and it was good to get a couple of reasonably long runs in."

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/16933572

Quote:
BBC F1 presenter Jake Humphrey is joined by chief analyst Eddie Jordan and co-commentator David Coulthard to look ahead to the 2012 F1 season, which starts in Melbourne on 16 March.

The trio give their thoughts on the use of 'stepped' noses' as featured on several cars this season, designed to lower the nose to meet new regulations while increasing the airflow under the front of the car.

The team also predict Red Bull will face a "ferocious" battle from challengers attempting to surpass the reigning drivers' and constructors' champions.