View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 10:32   #61
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Falkland Islands: Tensions Rising again ahead of Prince William visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Which is a handy way of shutting down debate, that I have seen more and more often recently. Someone debates the merits of an armed intervention and are dismissed because they themselves won't be doing the fighting. The Military has always been at the disposal of the Government and when someone joined the armed forces they follow the orders they are given. That's not to say their views are not important but they are not the only views that matter.
Yes you are perfectly correct and if I was to ask my daughter and son in law they would both probably say "its allright dad, dont worry" but when they went from Iraq to Afghan and now to Bahrain, from a really selfish point of view I would like them to come home and not be sent off to the Falklands. I remember being there myself and telling folk at home it was ok but in reality I hated the place. I`m just being a parent who having been in that position knows exactly what is going through their minds.
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote