Thread: SD TV price rises
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 10:23   #76
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1 View Post
As i left Sky last year, for the far better Tivo box, i am hoping that better content not just VOD but more channels will be added. (to be funded by price increase)

Sky keep sending me half price offers to come back to them, one day i may just return. But will stay with Virgin to give them a chance to increase the channels to ones that keep them competing with Sky.
But you'll realise after a while that them so called offers never seem to make your bill smaller, they are about the same or just a few quid cheaper. They will find something else to make up the difference, they will find some other way of getting the normal price out of you.

That's why I never fell for them offers 'Free Broadband'. Well for a start you have to spend about £21 to £25 on the homephone package to get that and that was advertised by TalkTalk,Sky and Orange. And then it comes with a small usage allowance, people easily used it up and then began paying extra for going over board. Then TalkTalk had the cheek to remove that special 'Free broadband' offer after 18 months as they claim it was in the small print.

Also keep switching back and forth can also cost money on things like new connection and installation charges.

Virgin Media will add more channels, it is in fact the broadcasters themselves that have a lot of say in this as well, like Viacom when they keep pulling off TV channels and replacing them with something else.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote