View Single Post
Old 30-01-2012, 12:35   #779
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
More of a case Tivo have never had a red button so are having to develop one. From a customer prepsective there has always been 2 red button services available, namely (a) multiple screen options for sports like Wimbledon where last year Tivo users had nothing but on Freeview you could watch different matches via red button, (b) information services such as BBC news text bot national and regional, i.e. just check Freeview again.

This is why Tivo customers feel Tivo was actually a step backwards in this area and VM/Tivo should have developed up front for launch as a minimum capability just to keep the service the same as current products.

I know that it appears VM are working with Tivo on a more interactive red button/multi-channel service (especially for the Olympics), but there is plenty of frustration with Tivo users on having to wait for this.

We know the update before Christmas was to enable such services so the red button could be introduced at any time, but VM needs to catch up stillin key areas and the red button service is one of those (also concerned about iPAD app which seems to have slipped into "some time" in 2012).
I hear that we will get BBC Red Button services soon on TIVO