View Single Post
Old 16-01-2012, 12:45   #954
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl View Post
i realise this, thats why virgin should lobby the govt so that if the residents of the road are happy for the area that would be dug up to lay fibre to be tarmac'd then that should be allowed to happen, the council shouldn't have any say as they don't live on that road. Alot of people in britain would love cable and aren't bothered by a 30cm or so wide tarmac line on their pavement where the cable/fibre goes under.
For one, I think you underestimate just how many people would prefer to keep their cobbles than have superfast broadband - I mean, didn't you hear about how much grief BT got just for putting some green cabinets on the streets? never mind digging them up and laying Tarmac on top of them.

Plus, there's plenty of areas that are commercially viable for Virgin to roll out on that don't require dealing with cobbles - Virgin has several reasons for not really rolling out much atm.
I'm hoping these major upgrades are a precursor to some major expansion, but we'll see what happens.

Also, I'm dropping the "free or not free" debate as I was simply pointing out that one person's definition of "free" is not the same as another's. I think I've made that point and there's little sense going around in circles about it. Perhaps I'm just cynical but there you go!
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote