View Single Post
Old 14-01-2012, 15:06   #866
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Why is it that a huge company like VM seems unable to correctly send emails?
Style over substance.

People are getting paid a lot of money to come up with rubbish like the current "tickles" marketing campaign which they clearly feel is perfectly acceptable to send to customers. I wonder if those same people put so much effort into more mundane, boring things like checking one's work.

When the Sky channels were taken off cable, and we got messages like Sky has "thrown the baby out with the bathwater", a phrase I've never heard before, makes absolutely no sense, but you hear all the time now. I knew where things were heading.

VM, like most companies now, concentrate on style, as they believe it to be, rather than substance ie thoroughness and diligence in what you do.

Most companies seem to think their whole customer base is about 21, uses Facebook or Twitter and spends the whole day talking crap on mobile phones (we have forums for that!).