View Single Post
Old 26-12-2011, 11:16   #100
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Re: Mind The Pay Gap? Tube Drivers 'To Get £55k'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Total Rubbish and BS..They couldn't get the day off legitimately so they went on strike to get it.

I'm fed up with the gravy train that is public holidays.Because Christmas was on a Sunday many people in the public service get Tuesday off as a holiday as well which means public services are closed that day as well.The rest of the world just has to suck it up and work public holidays.
Many but not all i am working or did work on christmas day,boxing day,new years eve,and new years day,as well as yes that Tuesday as well,!and i work in the public services the branch i work in the NHS, the public service has still been open 24/7 ie they have not been closed.

Mind you i do not suppose many teachers work bank holidays ,or council office staff so no sucking up and working for them sorts of public service employees.

However i think the tube drivers have a point not about the money however but about the day off,we are now a 24/7 kind of society wether we like it or not (nobody asked me if i would like a 27/7 culture),i do think wherever possible people should be given the option to work or not,but triple pay is a no,no.