Thread: TiVo TiVo Picture Quality
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2011, 16:27  
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Re: TiVo Picture Quality

OK, I've taken a few comparison shots on the same TV between the TiVo and the Samsung V+ box.

For info:

The TV is a Sony KDL-40EX403 1080P LCD with both boxes connected via HDMI. The settings for each input are set identically.

The camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 set to full manual mode, f8 1/3.2 mounted on a tripod and on a 2 second timer to prevent shake.

There may be some minor differences that are due to the TV's backlight changing due to the on-screen picture. I've tried to avoid this where possible.

Firstly, here's my original shot of channel 999 on the 15.1 software from this post.

This is the TiVo on the 15.2 code.

This is the Samsung V+ box.

And a close-up on the word "help"; TiVo first, followed by the Samsung V+ box.

Here are a few more shots of some other SD channels. In all cases the TiVo is shown first, followed by the Samsung V+ box.

ESPN America:

Sky Sports News:

BBC News:

Lew is offline   Reply With Quote