Thread: Darts 2012
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2011, 11:32   #1
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Darts 2012

http://www.skysports.com/darts/pdc/s...379984,00.html

Quote:
Reigning champion Adrian Lewis survived a major scare on the opening night of the 2012 Ladbrokes World Darts Championship.

Quote:
"I was 2-0 down and was stung by a wasp in the break and that's when I thought it's not my day," said Lewis, who nonetheless insisted he never felt he was going to crash out.
Quote:
With Lewis clearly struggling for form, Heydon was in no mood to let up and double six took him into a two-set lead.

Quote:
Lewis hailed his opponent's play, telling Sky Sports: "He had me under the cosh. The way he was finishing in the first two sets was phenomenal."

Quote:
While Lewis survived, the same could not be said of sixth seed Mark Webster, who crashed out to Richie Burnett.

Quote:
Afterwards, Burnett said he believes he can still add another world title to his CV.

Quote:
Earlier in the night, Roland Scholten saw off Jamie Caven 3-1 in the tournament's opening match.
Quote:
Despite some 'double trouble', Jones beat Scott MacKenzie 3-1 in the day's final match to progress.

Thu 15 Dec 2011 - Evening Session

19:10 First Round Jamie Caven 1 - 3 Roland Scholten

20:15 Preliminary Round Paul Barham 2 - 4 Scott MacKenzie
Preliminary round - best of seven legs

21:00 First Round Mark Webster 2 - 3 Richie Burnett

22:00 First Round Adrian Lewis 3 - 2 Nigel Heydon

23:00 First Round Wayne Jones 3 - 1 Scott MacKenzie