View Single Post
Old 26-11-2011, 22:23   #91
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisidaho View Post
This post is so inaccurate it is untrue. I reply mainly because I fear an at risk employee could be scared by the inaccuracies you state.

1. IB is a legacy benefit. Someone losing their job now would not be able to claim it. It was replaced some time ago by ESA (employment support allowance) regardless the chance of someone moving directly from a job (fit to work) to ESA is minimal they would most likely move initially to JSA

2. Most employees made redundant would be entitled to contribution based JSA. This is non means tested and therefore unaffected by savings regardless of size. You are entitled to this for 6 months because you have paid NI as an employee and it is there to provide support whilst out of work. The vast majority of people not eligible for this are due to not contributing sufficiently to NI and therefore probably not employed for two years plus and therefore not entitled to redundancy.

3. Even this government are not so vicious to stops the benefits of those who are sick/disabled. They want to move people who they deem as fit for some type of work off IB OR ESA to JSA and "encourage" them into work with support

I work in a job centre on a weekly basis and whilst the staff there are realists and tough with claimants they believe to be evading work people made redundant would be supported to the best of their ability and certainly not given another kick on top of the pain of losing their job.

As other have said I really believe you should drop this, as it is evident you are gaining your expertise in this area from daily mail headlines....

Excellent post

Vote #AnyoneButTory