View Single Post
Old 26-11-2011, 21:21   #88
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock

I am a realist and do not believe that, just because someone is settled and has children in school, that they should expect others to keep them because they are not prepared to move to where employment is available.

People have had to move and/or be apart from their families for centuries.

Children are very adaptable and it's a good lesson to learn early on in life ie we don't always get what we want and things don't always go to plan either.

How do you think army families cope when they are posted overseas?

You remind me of somebody who thinks everybody should have Christmas day off to sit by the fireside with their family...who then switches the light on and expects it to work, puts on the TV and expects it to be broadcasting or 'phones for an ambulance if somebody hurts themselves and expects it to turn up.

Do you seriously believe that those who do not wish to go to Swansea, who do not find alternative employment and have no exceptional reason not to relocate, should be entitled to claim state benefits at a time of such austerity measures?

You live in "nice world", a place that doesn't exist.

The Government are currently taking steps to get the sick/disabled off benefits next year, do you think that they are going to allow a healthy person to linger on benefits!!!

As previously explained, benefit rules are indeed very complex. Any redundancy pay which takes a persons savings over as little as £6,000 will find their JSA/IB affected.

Finding yourself without a job is not a good position to be in at this moment in time and I urge everybody affected by this closure to be realistic when considering their options- the best of luck to you all.

@ Masque, no-one, including myself, has suggested that going to Swansea is compulsory.

Virgin Media are committed to helping employees as much as they can and to suggest that it is merely "lip service" to comply with legislation is offensive to those working so hard to make the process run smoothly for all concerned- don't forget, management have feelings too.

I hope you have a pleasant evening.