View Single Post
Old 23-11-2011, 23:31   #306
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
They have said that they will provide good fights, but this could be a sales gimmick to get subs in.
You could be right. Like any premium channel you only have to keep Boxnation for 30 days. So if the quality and volume of fights drop after a couple of months, you can simply cancel the channel. The guys at Boxnation need to continue delivering the goods on a regular basis to keep people paying. It's the only way the channel can succeed.

I don't mind £10.00 per month personally as long as I'm getting plenty of live action each month. I usually buy every PPV show. In the past year I've bought, or shared the cost with my brother for the following:

28th November 2010 -Carl Froch Vs. Arthur Abraham - £15 (Primetime)
15th April 2011 - Amir Khan Vs. Paul McCloskey - £15 (Primetime)
20th May 2011 - James DeGale Vs. George Groves - £15 (SKY Box Office)
04th July 2011 - David Haye Vs. Wladimir Klitschko - £15 (SKY Box Office)
22nd July 2011 - Amir Khan Vs. Zab Judah - £15 (Primetime)
19th September 2011 - Floyd Mayweather Vs. Victor Ortiz- £15 (Primetime)
12th November 2011 - Manny Pacquiao Vs. J.M. Marquez - £15 (Primetime)

7 shows cost me £105.00 in total. Each show runs about 3 hours so my £105.00 got me roughly 21 hours of viewing. When you take this into consideration, you must see how boxing fans see a dedicated channel for only £10.00 per month as great value.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote