View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 14:58   #4117
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
From the Moans and Pet Hates thread:

My 9 year old westie is ill.

She was fine last night, then about midnight, she was sick everywhere. She didn't sleep well, and is not well today, so we took her to the vets. She has apparently either eaten something she shouldn't, or has a viral infection (one, which if left untreated, can be fatal). The vet asked for her to be left for observation. Hopefully, she'll be well soon.

So, I have the worry over whether she'll be well. However, whether she is or not, I have the worry of a bill that will probably be around £400 to £500 for treatment, £180 of which is a deposit I had to pay today.

That's from the Moans and Pet Hates thread, but there is a conclusion to that story that is not a moan or hate, but does involve a pet.

When I took the westie to the Emergency Vet on Saturday, he said there could have been two things that caused her symptoms. He wouldn't be able to find out which without blood tests, which he would be unable to do before Monday (today).

So, he gave her a broad spectrum of antibiotics, and asked us to leave her in for a couple of nights.

Thankfully, the antibiotics worked, and she is currently upstairs, happy to be home, but unhappy that I left her is a strange place. Also unhappy that the first thing that I did when I got home was bath her (something which she doesn't like at the best of times, but she smelled awful).

But she's home now. The cost was nearer £500 than £400, but thankfully the vet did give her a broad spectrum antibiotics, had he waited until today to get the tests done, she would likely not have survived.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote