Thread: TiVo TiVo Picture Quality
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2011, 20:58   #17
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold
Re: TiVo Picture Quality

As stated this morning I definitely see a softer less detail picture both in SD and HD, the specific detail seen in HD (e.g. lines on face) just isn’t as strong on my Sony KDL40HX803 TV when the Tivo replaced my SA V+ with no setting changes made. Would appreciate if any Sony TV owners could compare their picture settings with those of mine below especially if you feel the picture hasn’t changed. Clearly everybody has their own preferences so just seeing if I’ve not done something stupid on my own settings!

Video Output Format in Tivo: 1080i, this was auto detected by Tivo

Sony Picture Settings:

Motionflow: Standard
Screen Select: Auto
Target Input: Current
Picture Mode: Standard
Backlight: 9
Contrast 84
Brightness 44
Colour 50
Hue 0
Colour Temperature: Neutral
Sharpness: 25
Film Mode: Auto 1
Advanced Contract Enhancer (under advanced settings): Medium

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I wonder if the issues people are having with TiVo Sd picture quality is to do with the Plasma V LCD argument. I have both (Samsung 42" Plasma and 40" Samsung LCD) and have found that Plasma is much better at dealing with SD pictures.
Always a thought but if that was the issue I would have had a softer picture with my SA V+ as well?
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote