View Single Post
Old 13-04-2011, 23:19   #25
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: Cutting Edge going blunt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Tech View Post
If you really don't want ads, get Firefox or Chrome, and download the AdBlock Plus addon.
Great addon, imo!
If I'm to be bombarded with ads, it ought to be me who benefits from the revenue that is generated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronCooper View Post
TV License : £145.50 per year
10mb internet : Roughly £250 per year

You can watch TV shows online without a TV license aslong as it isn't live. So in my eyes, my internet only costs me around £100 a year. Sounds like value to me?
I didn't know that all BBC programmes were available online? In fact, they're not are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
This brings revenue to the ISP which they then don't have to take from subscription charges directly so it is quite likely to be to the subscribers' financial advantage assuming the ISP passes at least a part of this income into subscription charges.
Yes, but privacy isn't for sale at any price which is why Phorm was dumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I thought this thread was about the idiot who thought he was entitled to a free upgrade from 10Mb?
You thought wrong. However, an idiot who claims to 'think' but contributes nothing to the discussion has posted in here somewhere.

Look, you have an axe to grind as you're leaving VM on 6 May, do you intend to butt in to every thread in the meantime with insults?
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote