View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 16:17   #810
Manster62
Inactive

Services: Tivo. Virgin V+ xl tv, Virgin xl phone, xl Broadband and Virgin mobile
Manster62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Hi,
Not sure what to do? Want to order Tivo (not got my email yet, but I pre-registered, so hopefully in the next few days.....) but I think maybe I should wait until they've got BBC red button working.
If I order (and pay) in April to get the £40 install waived, can I ask for an install date later in the year - at least after Wimbledon, which I always use the BBC red button service for?
I know I could just wait until July and get the 'baby tivo' for a reduced cost - but having read how Tivo works, I think that the 1TB hard drive will be necessary to store everything that it records via Wishlists/Suggestions?
Currently getting very fed up with the small capacity of the V+ as just about everything I record is HD and I keep having to delete things I would like to watch because the drive gets full up.
So difficult - wait or not? The other thing that is making me think perhaps I should wait is the number of posts on forums all over the place saying that people are having problems with the tivo. I believe September is the next proper firmware update to solve a lot of the issues?
I keep going round in circles - one minute I want Tivo NOW, and the next I'm thinking of waiting 'til the Autumn....... What do others think?
Cheers....