Thread: Boxing 2011
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 09:09   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Boxing 2011

This section lacked a boxing thread from what I can see.

Basically the same format as the other sports threads.

Schedule/Results etc. Reviews

In for a decent year if all goes to plan

First up for the 2 main British Fights of the year.

Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey (Sky Box Office I think)

Real no brainer on which way this will go, Simple squash fight for Khan.
Have Paul talk his side then watch as Khan flattens him inside 3 rounds, Call this a warm up if you like because we all know the main attraction will be later on in the year with Khan set to take on Bradley hopefully around Nov-Dec, That is sure to be a bigger test than his last American outing because Bradley is no pushover.

David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko (Sky Box Office)

Biggest boxing fight in years!!

Can't wait to see this one happen whether it does or not this time remains to be seen. Haye funnily enough is heading into this one as being the 'underdog' and has been somewhat rather underestimated. Give Wlad his credit but he is not as good as what the critics make him out to be and the fact is Haye is stupidly fast and packs one hell of a punch.

Manny Pacquiao vs. Shane Mosley (Sky Sports 1-2)

Another fight to look forward too after the Mayweather saga from last year.
Mayweather has already knocked Mosley out of the way via UD. If we cant get those two to fight why not compare. If Manny comes up short in a fight like this it will just open the door for Mayweather to pounce. Shame really but we know Manny is unstoppable at the moment.

Thats the three main big fights of the year then.

Will post the remainder that are shown on Sky Sports 1-3 when they become available.

Your views?