View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 15:02   #30
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
You don't get to see them!

What whishlists do, is search on your behalf for programmes you want to watch that may or may not be broadcast in the UK. This saves people a lot of time, and prevents them missing programmes they learneed about months ago and may have forgoten about..

Just check out the digital Spy (DS) Cult forum (US TV shows) and the number of threads asking when this or that show starts in the UK or when a current show resumes after the mid-season break.

DS have a Premier list, but it's not often up to date, misses out shows and can't be relied on.

Tivo makes the time spent checking these these threads and Premier lists redundant.
I get you now. The clue is in the name, I am a dope today!

I suppose it could be useful but with the never ending promotion of programmes weeks before they start I am not convinced it's something that the masses crave though.

We'll see.