View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 00:25   #3
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Would I be allowed to take the TV package out

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle View Post
Got told I may be out of work in the next few weeks as my current workplace is expected to go into administration.

As I am currently into 1 month of a new 12 month contract for the following

XL TV (Sky Sports Collection + HD)
Extra box upstairs
10mb broadband
unlimited calls (inc line)

I currently pay £81.50 p/m for all that

Would I be allowed to take the TV out (both rooms) without Virgin charging me as I will still be with them in the Broadband & Phone services?

Any help will be great !!!
I'm really sorry to hear that Winkle. I hope things work out for you in the coming months.

In regards to your post I've always wondered about this myself.

If you lose your job, and can prove it, surely companies that offer things like TV or mobile contracts long term need to act wisely on the basis that you are facing genuine hardship? If Virgin don't help you I'd seek help from Citizens Advice or a Solicitor who works on a no win no fee basis. In this economic climate companies who are not seen to react favourably when a customer is facing genuine hardship due to a change in employment status are seriously frowned upon. I know because I'm dealing with this issue on a daily basis through my work at the moment.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote