Thread: TiVo
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 14:57   #3777
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold
Re: TiVo

One suspicion I have right now is that the Tivo software is being written for function at the moment not for speed. The priority is to get all the features working and at some stage I suspect their will be a “performance improvement” code drop.

See it all the time with software updates where the words “performance enhancements” are included in the list of items being introduced by the update.

It better be anyway since as well as menu delays, I’ve seen posts saying Tivo also slows down when the HDD storage gets higher e.g. 25%.

Looks like a code optimisation release looks required at some stage, not saying this isn’t the case at each minor update, the but the priority on developers right now may be the fix feature issues only.