Thread: TiVo
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 13:58   #3767
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntl.wotcha View Post
Mine is set to use all options and it selects 720p for SD and 1080i for HD.

Difficult for me to give a good judgement on SD quality a) because in my view on a 46inch panel SD looked pretty shoddy on V+ too; and b) 90% of what I watch is on HD these days...

If anything I would say poor quality (low bit rate) SD looks a bit softer but decent SD such as BBC1 isn't really any different.
Well is that a possible source of the TIVO PQ problem? As stated below by Rankrotten, if Tivo only auto selects 1080i for a SD feed when 720p is selected for SD in your case, then I suggest the engineer needs to find out why 720p is not being used for Rankrotten's Tivo installation. Would this be limited by the TV? Wouldn't expect it myself but that is the job of the engineer!

"Adjusted the output settings on TiVo to auto select from 576p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p and it always chooses to feed the TV at 1080i irrespective of channel."