View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 22:02   #122
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: One of a thousand

I would suggest this is a marketing campaign to drum up interest in the product ahead of a full launch. It's a talking point on forums such as this, or by the drinks machine in the office.

1st person: "I've got my own personalised remote control from virgin to control tivo".
2nd person: "What's a tivo?".

Free advertising for virgin. Tivo is a totally unknown product/brand in this country. So there needs to be a bit of that Ipad "chat" to get things going.

I would also suggest that the 1 in 1000 refers to the personalised remote control only. 1000 people will get the remote with their name on it. But I would also suggest that all VIP customers will get a free tivo box when it fully launches. That info, by the way, was posted by media boy on here last year. I have no reason to doubt it.