View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 00:03   #92
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads
Re: Guardian: "Sky Atlantic won't be on Virgin Media soon, says BSkyB boss"

love the spin of Mike Darcey from sky what a load of piffle they need advertising revenue as much any. If they did not need it then why every sky channel including subscription based channels are not broadcasted like BBC. Go SKY if you dont need it then drop it you know why you cant you need it.

Thats right Mike Darcey you need revenue streams to pay for all those programmes you purchase and help pay all those premierstars wages. Why is that when advertisement revenue streams bottomed out in your VM spat with those pulled channels. Your company came back with your tails between the legs begging it back with VM.

You love the spin they spend possible million or more advertising this channel like mad.

Yet despite 10m catchment cant get its self off the ground while they killed established channels. I firmly believe they will have to rethink its strategy. I think you can say goodbye to it going subscription later on to be fair that would be distasteful to sky subscribers.

I no doubt if I was virgin would offer bottom ratecard its not popular enough to deserve top subscription from VM. Not worth 10p per VM customer. Tough if sky payed premium prices for there content.

Its less popular than Gold, it may improve but usually it gets a spike then stablises at X amount. So unless SKY change tact open it up for all they pretty much stuffed like a turkey with it. With a risk views could drop even further if they tried to push it to subscription later. Yes they get subscriptions but would it really justify covering its costs for it and the outlay doubt it very much.

IF I was VM this would put them in the driving SEAT in discusions on negotiations for it. Offer them pittance like they did when living had popularity but they offered disgraceful deal.