View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 17:24   #8
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Box only has one scart socket, cannot record onto my freeview dvd recorder

I think it is a possible solution. I think the real key is the wiring of the cable. Unfortunately not all scart leads connect all 21 pins.

You will of course still need a separate scart from the DVD recorder to the TV to allow for the playback of the DVD recorded stuff so I'm assuming you have two scart sockets on the TV and recorder.

Effectively your wiring is:

TV scart input AV socket #1
<scart dual lead to split end #1>
VM scart socket
<scart dual lead to split end #2>
DVD Recorder input scart socket #1

&

TV scart input AV socket #2
<standard scard lead>
DVD Recorder ouput scart socket #2
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote