View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 14:06   #83
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads
Re: TalkTalk tracking you, phorm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Well my lack of knowledge of the dispute between Hatari, yourself and a very few others and Talk Talk.
Yes - I agree 100% with you there.

Once again you are unfortunately making statements that because of your unavoidable ignorance of the details, are understandably wide of the mark. Probably best to stick to discussing the publicly available material.

Think for a moment about unwise allegations like:

Quote:
Yet to see any major websites make complaints about this
But why would they tell YOU? (or me for that matter?)

Quote:
I would strongly suggest learning what the phrase 'Without prejudice' means given the approach taken.
You are obviously worried about the quality of private legal advice being recieved. Please don't be.

Quote:
'Well known ranges'? You guys have been discussing the IP addresses that Stalk Stalk is using for months and done nothing to block them.
And you know what I ate for breakfast presumably?

Quote:
If you like I would be happy to assist you guys with the appropriate configuration to block the Stalk Stalk servers, just let me know. Given your profound indignation I'll even do it for free.
Please don't trouble yourself. It's a kind offer but not needed. That particular bus left a long time ago.

The rest of the rather highly charged allegations (EXTORTION? - careful!) I will leave to wither away on the vine. There are more profitable discussions to be had on other matters. I'm still waiting to hear some intelligent comment on the 3rd party material I posted earlier on this forum.

I've always understood that highly charged, personal and libellous comments were not approved of on C/F. Nor are public squabbles.

I'll just repeat the last post I made in case it gets lost in this other stuff.

http://www.official-documents.gov.uk.../7586/7586.pdf
and
http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/inf...P_Briefing.pdf

which provide some useful guidelines as to what does and does not constitute "traffic data" and "communication data".

It is quite illuminating comparing TalkTalk's published statements of their own ideas about those definitions with the government's own definitions.

Especially: (from the gov.uk pdf)
"traffic data may identify a server or domain name (web site) but not a web page"

and giving an example of "traffic data"
"web browsing information to the extent that only a host machine, server or domain is disclosed;"
Rchivist is offline   Reply With Quote